Network Service Security (NSS)
Based on a Correlative Behavioral Analysis (C-BA) mechanism designed to identify illegal transactions disguised as legal ones. Utilizes machine learning algorithms in conjunction with C-BA to train the system to identify the initial appearance of known or unknown anomalies (APT, Zero-day attacks) before any damage occurs to the infrastructure or services and report it to the administrator.
Architecture is compliant with ETSI GS NFV-SEC recommendations, fully integrated with NFV Management and Orchestration (MANO), as well as NFV Infrastructure (NFVI) and includes the following functions:
• Security Service Orchestration (SSO) orchestrates and manages the overall security aspects of the deployed network services
• Programmable virtual Taps (vTaps) monitor traffic according to the network rules orchestrated by the SSO
• Virtualized Front-end processor (vFEP) modules that implement Behavioral Analysis (BA) at the flow level
• Active breach Detection (ABD) employed Correlative Behavioral Analysis (C-BA), which analyzes meta-data of network service flows in the context of the network service procedure
• Forensics module, which provides detailed information regarding the detected breach and tools to investigate root-cause
Operates on three levels of NFV communication and interfaces, including Intra-VNF (VNF-Ci to VNF-Ci), Inter-VNF (VNF to VNF) and Extra-VNF, ensuring that only controlled communication is allowed.